Most Recent Posts

Banker Killed After Church Meeting


A 41-year-old banker, Mr. Tunde Ayodeji Kolawole, has allegedly been murdered by unknown persons at Ekete Waterside, Udu Local Government Area of Delta State. The incident took place on Sunday, around 9: pm, near his house at Jenny School Road Street.

He was on his way home from a private meeting when he was murdered. One of his brothers, who refused to disclose his name, said: “My brother got a call from a church elder to attend a private meeting.

Later, around 9pm, when I was returning to the house, I heard people saying that someone had been killed in the street. I called my brother’s phone; it rang, but another person picked. “The person told me that the owner of the phone was dead, that I shouldn’t call the number again.

I rushed home and was told that his body was taken to Ovwian/Aladja Police Station. We rushed there to identify his corpse before police deposited it in the morgue.”

Another relative, who also wished to remain anonymous, said that he suspected Kolawole as an assassinated because only his phone was taken; his money was found intact in his pocket.

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Andrew Aniamaka, when contacted via phone on the matter, said that a text should be sent to him, because he was in a crucial meeting. He promised to get back to the correspondent. But as at the time of filling this report, Aniamaka was yet to respond to the text.

No comments